Thursday 12 April 2018

Freedom From Me

It was an early morning sun that kissed me and took my worries away one fine day. All my life so far, I was blaming either  people or situations or myself for whatever I disliked in my life. I didn't cry and complain through everything but it kept on orbiting my head forever. But this was a different morning when I realised that I only needed freedom from the thoughts that have dwelt like harmful tenants in my head since long and I woke up determined to erase them. 

It was easier said than done but it wasn't impossible. I had to pep-talk myself into believing in the power of me, in the truth of life and the fact that I was an amazing human being. It took very long. It took a lot of energy from me and motivation from my very positive circle of influence. They stood by me patiently, believing in me, making me belive in myself, never losing faith in me for once, not judging me - just being there always. My life has come a full circle - Gratitude! It makes sense of past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow. Aftrall, happiness cannot be travelled to, owned, earned, won or consumed hence, gratitue unlocks the fullness of life.

I finally turned the game and tuned to the music of life. I'm happy for everyone around me. I'm happy that I have a past which I have been able to leave in past and the fact that I have a future which I'm busy building right now in a peaceful present. I have goals, I have dreams and I have ambitions - I have a life! 



It wasn't easy, no one said it would be easy but I was so ready for this change. The world hasn't changed but I've made sure that I live in a better place which was in my head. I took responsibilities to own my mistakes, accept them and to change whatever didn't feel right. If we keep on thinking about what others might think and how they might feel, we might never live to be ourselves. Having said that, inclusion is equally important, one's freedom should never hurt or be bonding for anyone else. Freedom brings with it more acocuntability and responsibility than authority. 

Set yourself free from the burden of being strong all the time, from gender roles, from looking beautiful/handsome, from beign successful, from being the best, from never giving up and most importantly from over-expecting. Make mistakes, laugh at the bad hair days, fail and re-do, let it go, hold a grudge for a while if you must but ultimately - forgive, feel all emotions - don't stop being jealous or angry but learn to feel them and move out of it in the zone of peace and love.

Empowement happens from within, if you seek permission from someone else to let you be empowered, you are already accepting them as dominant. Look within for all answers, find the greater purpose of your being, see happiness as an ongoing journey - life's awesome.



No comments:

Post a Comment