Friday 21 November 2014

A Day Without Hair

Beauty is defined as a combination of qualities, such as shape, colour, or form, that pleases the aesthetic senses, especially the sight.

That means beauty is not defined by a combination of qualities like ethics. values, morale, talent, that pleases the heart, especially the soul.

We live in a country obsessed by fair skin, where fair sells more than lovely, and that which isn't fair can never be lovely. Even the toothpaste must ensure shiny white teeth, it's okay if it deosn't offer teeth as healthy as neem twig. And how about some white, super white rice, of course, the ones from paddy fields might be very healthy but they ain't not white. 

And how about shape, aha, not just the girls, even a bottle of water has to be curvaceous, those sell at a higher price! Fat is ugly, so how about a nice curvaceous thin watermelon or papaya? And a guy has to be muscular or else he's considered frail, so, his bike is also masculine. Wow, isn't that amazing? Fruits that are curvaceous and vehicles that are muscular - can we be anymore sexist. 

And, all hell broke lose the day I announced my plans to donate all my hair to an organization that makes and distributes free wigs to alopecia and cancer patients who can't afford these artificial hair. Not just at home, the effect was spread wide across the length and breath of heaven and hell put together. As if I was diagnosed with one of those diseases, actually, that would have been easier to handle! 

How strange will you look? Won't you lose your job? How would your colleagues react? Have some shame, your son will be embarrassed. People will call you a retard. I promise you won't be able to move out of the house for next 6 months. You'll lose all your friends. And if you ever want to get married, this one step that you're taking today, will affect your matrimony profile in future AND WORST ONE WAS when your son decides to marry, his companion's family might create a havoc for what you're doing now. 

But I AM ME and the rebel within me gets wilder when opposed with complete nuisance and I decided to DO it anyway. 

And here I am today with "lessest" hair. i feel light, beautiful, stress free and moreover I don't feel stupid. If I'd not done this, I would have never been able to forgive myself for submitting to the stupidity of the society. 


No comments:

Post a Comment