Sunday 19 April 2015

Turning 30: SisterHood redefined - FOREVER!

Having a sister is like having a best friend, an enemy, a critic, an admirer - all in one for a lifetime. Imagine, all the 3 of us are blessed to have 2 of these kind besides us. The best ever made life support system are siblings. I'm not sure if they were God sent, but I'm sure that if one of us chooses to go to hell, the other two will shout abuses at her, but, eventually choose to join her to hell rather than be alone in heaven. That's the love we share. We are that part of each other's childhood that will never be lost, whatsoever. Although we love each other like crazy, we still want to wring each other's neck more often than not. It's only those people who have siblings will understand the magic that weaves these two extreme emotions in the same thread. We know each other in and out and yet, we accept everything that's told us, with a smile. (smile: because we know very well where the decoration of the story has been added from.)

We fight like cats but we stand strongly by each other's side. We're like the great wall of china for each other - highly protective, super strong and yet beautiful in our own way. I'm sure our parents are proud that they didn't really have to do much to make us bond well after we grew up. We can't imagine a day without each other. I'm not sure if that remains true for all sisters, but for us, we mean as much as life itself. And the most amazing part is, our 5 sons are like a clan, knitted as closely as the universe, far by distance, yet, attached to each other through the power of gravity of love. 

Jessica, the eldest of us, the most beautiful lady I've ever met. Not just that she looks atleast 10 years younger than her age, she also has an equally beautiful heart. I love wearing her clothes (Infact, almost my entire wardrobe is stolen from her) I always try to be like her, in all ways. I want to look like her, cook like her, dress like her, behave like her and most of all, I pray every single day that I must be able to tame my heart as beautifully as hers. She has a power within that let's her give endlessly, such a generous person that only she can be. How I wish I can someday be just like her. 

Meera, the hottest of all three, at least that's how our kids think. HOT because she makes super meals, especially her cream cheese salad! HOT because she is super patient, even if there's a volcano that's about to erupt, she wouldn't budge an inch without finishing that last bite of her chocolate cake. HOT because she can handle ALL 5 kids at the same time and yet, not lose her cool. HOT because although she's as fat as a pumpkin, she'll still rock that little black dress with her confidence, and look absolutely stunning. She's the most loving, caring and understanding sister one can ever have. 

I've always complained that I'm never given as much importance as them. But, the truth is, I've never been given as many responsibilities as them and double the opportunities as them, simply because they were by my side, every minute, every day to support me, to love me UNCONDITIONALLY. There have been many, many times when they felt like slapping me for my stupidity, but, instead, they always came, hugged me, cried, explained and ordered. Not once have I felt incomplete with them by my side always, wherever I might be, I know one thing for sure that, they are never too far.

Both my sisters are a boon not just to me but to our entire family. I wouldn't have been ME if it wasn't for them. I remember those days when you both used to fight over who would baby sit me in a movie or who would get to kiss me first or whose cake did I like better or who would attend the parent-teacher meeting for me or who would cook when my friends come home - In everything, the center was just me, always me, even now! There's a lot of ME in my personality but all the ME contains a majority of you both. I can't even imagine a life without you two by my side.

May we love, trust, understand and care for each other just this way, all our lives.
Blessed to have you both my darling sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment