Saturday 9 May 2015

Happy Mother's Day

  1. Mothers are women who inhabit or perform the role of bearing some relation to their children, who may or may not be their biological offspring.
That's the first definition of mother offered by Google, I believe that's because Google has a father and not a mother ;-) it doesn't know what she means! 

What if Google had a mother? What if she was like my Mom?

For every query that was typed on Google, it would take minutes, instead of seconds, to respond, because, it would be busy drinking milk or having fruits, finishing it's bowl of oats. That's how it works with a Mommy around. 

The google home page would have various looks based on season of the year and time of the day, just like how Mum's like. Especially if Google would have been a "She" It would have "more" clothes on ;-) lest a male "hit" on her! And, God forbade, if Google was a "He", poor thing, it would always have been called a Casanova with so many girls "hitting" at him every second! 

So, Dear Google, A mother not only inhabits the role of bearing some relation with her children BUT she also inhabits all the rights reserved for a Mommy. Almost everyone I know would say that they have the most beautiful, amazing, loving, caring mother in the world. Well, that's simply because every mother is just that! All the mom's across the world are just as same. 

My mother is no different. Apart from all the above mentioned qualities, she qualifies to be a perfect mom simply because she can shout at me in the middle of night, at this age, for not finishing a glass of milk or she can criticize me in front of my friends for being a picky eater (which I'm not). I love to argue with her, forgetting where did I get that attitude from, and I finally give up because she is much more experienced than me, so she always ends up winning, duh!

She's not black, white or grey - She's as colorful as a Rainbow with her Vibgyor's, painting our lives. She brings the light of life to our family. I bet, if she was Google's Mom too, Google would have been far more productive, quick and accurate than now - she always makes sure that her kids flourish. She herself puts forth the toughest tests of life for us, so that, we never fail the lessons of life! 

She never fails to amaze me with her attitude - She's practical yet emotional, she's strict yet comforting, she's strong yet soft, she's by our side all the time yet, she makes sure we are independent. When the entire world is against us, she is there, silently supporting us without any questions, she's there as a pillar of unselfish love and as a catalyst of change. Her smile is infectious, her love is abundant and her attitude towards life is amazingly simple. She's the msot charming and beautiful lady I've ever known. To us sisters and to our children, she's a perfect example to be followed - no questions ever asked! 

Happy Mother's Day to My darling Mommy. Also, to both my beautiful sisters who are wonderful mothers themselves! 

Mommy, we all love you! Thanks for always being there for us and loving us unconditionally.

Lots of love from Jessica, Meera.

No comments:

Post a Comment