Sunday 15 May 2016

Scarred not Scared

And the sudden heat I felt on my face was like a volcanic eruption, I felt like I was buried in burning sand. We, as humans, are naturally emphatic beings but that quality doesn't spur out till we suffer from it ourselves. Every time I used to see news of acid attack victims or burn victims, I used to feel for them - that's it! I never thought beyond it. But while my face was on fire, my skin felt numb, I felt something melting within me-it was my soul. For the first time in my life could I relate to how exactly do burns victim feel, especially when it isn't an accident, especially when it is a result of loving or trusting someone too much or when it is not your fault at all. Isn't it crazy that when I was supposed to worry about whether or not will my beauty return, all that I was thinking about was how does a victim with burns over their body feel, this handicap is the worst of all fears I've ever felt.

I cried, not only because I was in pain but also because I realised that I had never been able to truly love these victims, appreciate their strength and I was guilty of feeling creepy while I scrolled through their pictures on social media. I couldn't ignore them but I never prayed for their betterment, I never wished for them, I never actually supported them truly. I am sorry for all of it.

All of us are guilty of committing the crime of unintentionally judging someone for a situation they are in, we never even bother to find the truth or to understand them emphatically. As my skin smelled of burns and pus those couple of days, I truly felt alive. I knew it could have been worst than this and yet I would've never even considered plastic surgery because, it's not my face that makes me beautiful, it's my soul that makes me who I am. Love it or leave it! The scars on my face are a sign of bravery, a sign of a life lived completely, a sign that I tried, a sign that I didn't quit even when time tested me every minute - it's my pride and not a shame and so, I love every scar on my body. The more scars I have, the more stories I have to tell my grand kids, the more experienced I am and the more loving I become.

So while my loved ones were under the disguise that I might be in pain or worry of losing my beauty, let me tell them, it was an awakening of my soul. I love you especially the one who sat by me through night applying medicines on me and taking care of me, the one who kept awake while I slept to ensure that I wasn't disturbed, the one who took care of my little one while I was not able to, to the one who learnt to cook for me even when they didn't know anything about it, to the one who made me feel beautiful every single day. I love you for loving me when I looked my worst, behaved my worst and needed a lot of love. Thank you for not judging me!

Special thanks to my dear friends for being there ALWAYS! A lot of love to my son who still found me to be the world's most beautiful lady! To my parents for praying for me every minute and all those who wished well for me. Thank you for being a part of this "hot" journey :-), because of you all, although I am scarred for life, I'm not scared at all.




No comments:

Post a Comment