Sunday 5 June 2016

Travelling Leaves You Speechless & Then, Turns You To A Storyteller!

Of all the things I've ever promised myself, travelling till I die is the most valued one. My love for travelling has roots in my childhood. My parents loved travelling and made sure we travelled as much as we could. Fortunately, i was put in a school where touring framed the integral part of co-curriculars and thankfully I grew up in an era where child abuse and rapes were almost unheard of. 
Rewinding to the days when I was a little kid, i used to love to observe trees travel backwards while our train moved ahead. I used to love the sound of a bus engine roaring. i used to love the "discomfort" of not-so-luxurious tents. I used to love to explore, observe, question, learn and live like a hippie.

As a teenager, making boyfriends or looking hip never mattered to me. My shorts and a rugsack was all I needed. I loved playing basketball in scorching heat till my skin turned red. I loved revisiting the places I want to as a child. I loved meeting strangers and talking to them. I loved to just sit and appreciate nature. I used to love see animals in the wild. 

And now that I'm so unwise in the world full of wisdom, I've understood that travelling is the only investment I can do for a soulful living. It's amazing to be a stranger yourself, to live like a nomad and to wake up at a completely new place. To unplan and unwind, to just go and just do. 
Travelling is the only expense that makes you richer. It makes you go speechless before it turns you to a storyteller!!

No comments:

Post a Comment