Tuesday 10 April 2018

的中国 - Of China - De Zhōngguó

It has been 20 months that I came to a wonderland called China. When I came here, I had my own apprehensions, fears, excitement and ideas about China. But, surprisingly and shockingly, none of them were true. Everything that I ever knew about this amazing land before coming here, wasn't even a drop in an ocean. Every day is different, dynamic and challenging. I never feel like it is going to be "normal" any day I wake up - and I like it that way. 


When I came here, I was nervous, hopeful and looking forward to all the advetures China had to offer me. She did take me for a ride, I must admit. There have been times that I've shit scared and crazy excited at the same time. I've been swept of my feet with the kindness and geenrosity of Chinese people. I've been in a constant love-hate confusing relationship with this country. It is one of the most abundant country in the world - abundant in love, nature, beauty, history, cultural richness.
 
Being a vegeterian has been the top most challenge in Chine and the equally difficult thing has been Mandarin. In these 20 months, I've seen many non-chinese people "run" away - literally. I am stubborn and strong headed, probably the reason I am still busy being awesomely myself in this amusing country. There have been times I have wondered "how the hell did I even land here" but on the contrary there have been times I've thought "Wow, I'm so glad to be here".

As a child full of curosity and flexibility - Ranveer has been on a constantly riding roller coaster too. Learning Mandarin for him has been a necessity and I'm proud that he's taken up the challenge is totally nailed it so far. It is a cultural shock well absorbed. He's made friends, cried, laughed, adjusted, compromised, recieved and offered, loved and let loose too. At the end, it's just us, him and me! 


Talking of the climate here, the quote that best defines it for China would be "No witner ever lasts, no spring skips it turns" Every season is amazingly beautiful. Winter, spring, summer, monsoon and autumn - nothing skips its turn. At the end of each one, we sigh "only if lasted a little longer"
A lifetime wouldn't be enough to explore this country but for now, we're happy to do 2 more years here. 














No comments:

Post a Comment